Patches have been around for a very long time. Patches are used as a way to realay a message to the observer of the patch. The patch will help identify a member of a team, a first responder, a military division, a group, or even a family. Frankly, patches can be used for anything. We have little Yissel patches to anyone and everyone that you could possibly imagine!
The most common way to customize a patch is with embroidery. Patches can also be sublimated, woven, hand drawn, or even screen printed but embroidery is the most common way. The reason most patches are embroidered is when you embroider a patch it will last forever. I know that is hard to believe but I would really have the very first patch than I embroidered back in 1974 on my desk.
We at customizemypatches.com use the embroidery technique on patches as small as 1 inch or as big as 15 inches.
Steps to embroidering a patch:
1. The embroidery of a patch consists of choosing a shape design, it can be any shape, such as star, circle, rectangle, square, trapazoid, oval, lunar shape, or anything that you can imagine. We had even embroidered patch is that are the shape of a sun.
2. After you choose to shape of your patch, you will need to create a design. Our company will do this for you. The designs can frankly be as many colors as one would want, however, the most common number of colors is 2 to 4 different colors.
3. The design can be detailed as one would want however, if someone wants a design that is an very detailed, they would need to use a different process such as sublimation printing of patches.
4. After the design is made an approved by the customer, we will begin the embroidery process.
5. The embroidrey process takes anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minute per patch to be completed.
Once the patch is embroidered, we will ship it to your address! And please note that all our embroidered patch a scary a no Hassell money back guarantee!